The Safari Club International, Flint Regional Chapter along with friends and family of Jim George are proud to announce a scholarship fund has been created in his memory. Jim was a long time supporter of our chapter and he loved the outdoors and the lifelong friendships made while hunting. Jim especially enjoyed campfire hunting tales, cooking and camaraderie of friends during the hunt.
This year there will be (2) $500 scholarships awarded at the SCI Flint Awards Banquet on August 5, 2016. One scholarship will be awarded to a person sponsored by a chapter member. The other scholarship will be advertised at area schools and awarded to a member of the general public.
Eligibility for Scholarships:
1. Must have a Hunter’s Safety Certificate
2. Must have a minimum 2.8 GPA (high school)
3. SCI Flint Board of Director’s immediate family members are not eligible*
4. Must be sponsored by a member of SCI Flint in good standing*
5. Must be between the ages of 17-22
6. Must be able to attend SCI Flint Awards Banquet on August 5, 2016 to receive award
7. Must be seeking an associate’s or undergraduate degree
8. Must be from the SCI Flint area (50 mile radius from Flint)
1. Copy of Hunter’s Safety Certificate
2. Copy of High School Transcripts
3. Letter of Recommendation from SCI Flint chapter member*
4. 500 word essay describing why hunting is important to conservation
5. Copy of college or university acceptance letter or other documentation if already attending college or university
6. Home address
*Required for Membership Sponsored Scholarship.
Judging: The Jim George Scholarship Committee will judge all applications and essays. The decision of the committee is final.
Due Date for General and Membership Sponsored Scholarship: Essays, Copy of Hunter’s Safety Certificate, Transcripts and other documents must be received by July 20, 2016.
Submit by email to: email@example.com or by mail to: Neal Porter, 1082 Key West Ct, Lake Orion, MI 48360.
Questions: Contact Neal Porter by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: 248-343-3648